Sunday, June 24, 2007

isla trinitaria


One of the areas that I make visits in is called Isla Trinitaria. A unique thing about this area is that for lack of land many people live in houses on stilts above the river water/mud. I wanted to take some pictures of the sketcy wooden bridges that are built connecting the houses, but my co-worker said no way...except in Spanish. I had to wait until I was inside before taking my camera out of my bag because it wouldn´t be safe for us if people saw it.

1 comment:

Reauxdom said...

12-29-2008: My son is currently serving a mission in Isla Trinitaria. He advised he and his companion are required to be in their apartment by nightfall, but said the people in this area are very giving of what little they have. Your friend advised you well in telling you to hide your camera!

Thanks for posting this photo. My son has not posted any of this area.

Thanks again,