Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wind Rivers, WY


I'm pretty sure this blog has turned into a travel log...why not?! I'm a weekend warrior. The Wind Rivers is probably the prettiest place I've ever been. A couple of weeks ago Kevin, Jared, Nathan, John, Meredith and I hiked in about 15 miles. The macho guys made sure not to get too lazy on the second day and hiked a decent 12 hours to Gannett Peak. Meredith and I took some pictures after some healthy sleeping-in instead.

To start out the guys thought they'd only be gone until noon, but as the sun started going down we got more and more worried...or bored maybe. So, right before we assembled the rescue party of granola and avocados (Meredith thinks they're an energy food or something...), we sat some more.



I'd like to go again, who's with me?!

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

em! i love the wind rivers. i agree that pretty much the prettiest place ever. the lakes are so clear. i'm glad you enjoyed it. i wish i was close so that i could go with you!